Intergenerational Music Making aims to build bridges across generations, sectors and amongst professionals to create stronger, more cohesive communities.
Using the power of music we bring children, older people and communities together to create and connect. Through our projects, training and research we aim to encourage a sense of belonging to provide spaces for voices to be heard and celebrated. Our work aids the improvement of mental and physical wellbeing and reducing feelings of loneliness and isolation.
1. Improve community cohesion through intergenerational relationships
2. To reduce feelings of isolation amongst older people and young people, particularly for those living alone and minoritised communities
3. To improve sense of self-worth and self-esteem for older and younger alike
4. To empower individuals to be drivers of change within the music, health, and wellbeing discourse
5. To encourage and nurture a network of connection across sectors, professionals, and generations; built upon music